Sunday 9 April 2017

Alfred Palin- Convicted Felon 1878

It amazes me the things that are available online.  Long gone are the days when the only genealogy information  to be found was making a trip to the local Family History Library.

I just saw a blurb on facebook from findmypast stating that they have photographs online and they can be found in hospital and prison records; passport applications; business directories; military records and off course newspapers.  So I select the first one - hospital and prison records and did a search for Palin.


One of the first named results was an Alfred Palin.  I immediately thought of the Alfred Palin that was a bigamist that I blogged about Dec 8 2016.  Perhaps that is why he seemed to disappear from official records.  What I found was amazing - not only is there a picture of him but also his whole penal record - even showing years of incarceration.














I am a tad surprised not to see a charge of bigamy in the record.  Regardless, it really is amazing when you think that all this is available online!




No comments:

Post a Comment